Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Clean Up In Aisle 9

Who doesn't love Rock Band?  And Rock Band: World Tour is the newest addition to the Rock Band collection.  Released on October 28th, the new video games was being sold everywhere!  But one store, Circuit City, seemed to have things a little mixed up.  After reading Consumerist, I came across an interesting experience one customer had while trying to purchase the new game.  Instead of the game being priced at $189.99, the computer rang it up as $10,000.  Now that is a huge difference.  After having to wait for over an hour and talking to managers and multiple people in the Circuit City chain of commands, the customer found out he was being lied to and Circuit City was being dishonest in more ways than one.

In my mind, this is a great example of public relations.  The poor public relations person for Circuit City most likely had to smooth out the waters and discover what really happened.  

Has anyone ever had a terrible experience at a popular store, maybe not as drastic as this, but similar?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
I actually did have an experience over the Halloween weekend at a store in Tuttle Mall. This store isn't as popular as Circut City is world wide. I went into Aldo on a mission to walk out with multiple pairs of shoes. I found a few pairs that I wanted to buy, one of the pairs of shoes had to be mailed to my house from another store because the store at Tuttle Mall didn't have the pair of shoes in stock-not a problem to me because I still thought I was going to get a pair of shoes on my door step a few days later. Well, today is Thursday and still no shoes. My mom called Aldo and the girl that checked my mom and I out answered the phone, a half of an hour later of conversation (not a polite conversation because the clerk messed up with the shoe order!) my mom got her money back on the shoes that were supposedly in stock at another store, but weren't. I was sooooo sad that I wasn't able to get a pair of shoes that I really really really wanted! So my story isn't as much of a horror story as the Circuit City one, but it was horrifying to me!!