Sunday, November 16, 2008

Let's Chat About Ethics

I have been trying to start my paper on ethics for three days now, but I just can't seem to pick a topic. First, I wanted to write about social media and how ethics plays such a large role. Yet, after reading the past winners, I realized that I needed something more meaningful. Not only would winning $5,000 be nice, but I wanted to examine my life. I know I have been faced with multiple issues of ethics. Day in and day out, everyone is faced with ethical issues. After realizing this, I wondered how I became the person I am today despite all of the unethical experiences I have been exposed to and if I am even as ethical as I think.

The things I want to write about may hurt others. Even though they are all true, they might affect someone else's feelings and I am not sure if I am okay with that. I know they will make a great heart-wrenching paper, but should I air someone's dirty laundry out for my benefit? Is it ethical that I am even thinking about doing it both to win and pick apart the person I am?

So I am in a dilemma. I am not sure what to write about because the topics I want to write about might hurt others, therefore making me unethical in the end. Jeez, this will be a tricky paper.

No comments: