Friday, October 3, 2008

VisionCommunications

Thursday night was amazing. I haven't felt that motivated in awhile. First, we had our first meeting with Donate for Life Do It Now College Challenge. The presenters really impacted our firm. There are some key points that make this challenge a real life experience. I can't wait for our next meeting to start getting our plan together and begin implementation. And even though this is a competition and there is a prize, it all means nothing compared to the action we are taking. Just by signing people up to be donors, we are helping save lives of people young and old. There were a lot of things I didn't know about organ and tissue donations. I feel as though this campaign will do more than just get people to sign up to donate, but they will learn from our campaign, which is important.

And if that was not enough to motivate, we had PRSSA afterwards. Billy Fischer came to speak to us and it was inspiring. He spoke about social media [surprise, i think agozzino is planning this]. And it was the first time I left PRSSA wanting and needing to get on my computer. He was so chill in his presentation, that I wasn't stressed about being behind with social media, but instead, motivated. It really was a great feeling and my new goal is to get onto my social media sites a minimum of once a day. As for blogging, I am determined to write in it at least every other day.

1 comment:

Dr. Alisa Agozzino said...

I wish I could claim that I talk to each of our presenters before hand and ask them to talk about social media...but apparently that is not needed. Instead it is just that important. I am sure glad that I had an opportunity to teach this class and that you all are taking it seriously. It's my favorite subject to teach, that is for sure!