Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pod-what?

The more I read about social media, the more things make sense. One of my friends back home always talks about podcasting. And until I read chapters 6 and 18, I never really understood what qualified as a podcast. I know this sounds redic since I am a 20 year old college student, but I really had no idea what any of these terms meant.

YouTube is a prime example of a Web site used for podcasting videos. And in the past, it used to just be fore music. But today, podcasting is taking over. People can watch religious sermons and weekly shows. And one of the craziest things, it's able to be accessed on the go! There is actually a category in my iPod for podcasts. Now that I know what it is for, maybe I will actually use it. lol. I always just linked them to music clips. But now that I know there are specific shows online that are only broadcast through podcasts, I can't wait to find them!

One of my favorite shows on YouTube which counts as a podcast is this guy named William Sledd. He has a fashion show where he bashes fads he doesn't like and encourages ones he supports. For example, he hates crocs. And so do I :) He even has a few shows where he goes through his local mall and wal-mart pointing out fashion do's and don'ts ... well, mostly don'ts. Check one out :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVESRceJL5k

No comments: