Sunday, November 2, 2008

Time Flies ...

BAM! I was just hit with the realization that I am a junior. A year from now, I will be looking for jobs. This summer, I will have an internship. In a little over three months, I will be 21! I am an upperclassman. I just cannot fathom this. In a few weeks, I might be a grand big in DZ. Which is crazy! I remember when I was a freshman and talking to juniors, mainly in DZ. They seemed so scary and intimidating. Yet, they were poised and classy. I looked up to them so much. They really appeared so much older. And now, living on the first floor of the house with my pledge class, I really do not feel like a junior. I only have two years left at ONU until I face the real world.

As if it isn't bad enough realizing I will be graduating in less than two years and could be called 'gbig,' looking back, things have already changed so much on this campus. When I came as a freshman, the Phi Kap house was on fraternity circle. White Bear just got remodeled. The location of the new Inn was the home of scary apartments. Affinity was brand new. Brookhart was given a make-over. Sororities and fraternities weren't watched like hawks. Klondike was still cute and cuddly. Two years later, all of this is completely different. I can't even imagine coming back and seeing more drastic changes. When I talk to freshman now, they have no idea what the old Klondike looked like or that there used to be more than six fraternities.

I honestly just can't grasp that things have changed this much. And that I am growing up. I don't believe all of this is happening and that everything is moving so fast. People always said it would, but I didn't truly understand that until this year. I just want things to stay this way. As much as I wanna grow up and get into the real world, I want to stay in college forever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree.
College=Good. Real World=Bad.
I don't know when I became a senior in college and I can't remember signing the permission form to allow this to happen either.
What I do know is that I don't feel like an adult, I do not feel "big" and when I think back to my upperclassmen, I also don't think I am even close to their maturity level.
But is all of this the persona we give people we look up to? I'd love to ask freshmen how they perceive us. I think we'd be shocked to find out we are "big kids"!
Now imagine being in my shoes and having a million scattered thoughts of what comes next and no idea which decision is right!
Good Luck!