Monday, February 9, 2009

Long Time No Post

I have not posted in quite some time, and my apologies! Things have been extremely busy in the PR world of Amanda.

First, firm is taking off! We have held three events already for Do It Now! We have had over ten people sign up, which is amazing! I am so proud of our team for their enthusiasm. On the same note, Polar Bear Nation held the Polar Bear Ball! It was fantastic with over 300 students, faculty and alumni. I never realized how rewarding public relations would be until I saw my planning and the firm's work in action!

On another note, internship deadlines are approaching. As a junior, this is terrifying. I just don't know how to handle any of this. I am scared to apply and get rejected. Instead, I pretend nothing is going on and that I have all the time in the world. Then reality hit these past few days. I turned 21 this weekend. Relatives called and of course we talked about my future plans. That is when it hit home that I had to get started on my internships. And I am still scared and nervous and confused.

Ah! I really can't believe I am growing up this quickly and have to begin planning my future. Everything I thought about when I was little and couldn't wait for, is right around the corner. Scary I tell you, scary!

No comments: