Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rules of Twitter

While tending to my Twitter addiction, one of the people I am following (the today show to be exact), posted a link of a story by the New York Times titled "Twitter? It's What You Make of It."


Intrigued, I decided to click the link and read through the two pages of nothing short of perfect social media talk!  My overall opinion was to use Twitter however you want!  And I feel people often get lost and feel like they need to follow rules.  In fact, this article states just that.  You don't have to follow the rules.  Don't read EVERY tweet, just skim for things that interest you. 

I also loved the "rule" about using the Web site.  I will admit, for a few months, I stuck to Twitter.com.  Then, someone turned me on to using Twitterific on the Macs in my usual hang out.  Next, I ventured out and tried Tweet Deck.  This tool was so much better!  It separated my running tweets from my direct messages to my replies.  How much more perfect can it get?

Well does get better! Now, not only do I have Tweet Deck, but I also have Digsby.  This links my AIM with my Twitter and a bunch of other social media sites.  This is easier at times than Tweet Deck because I don't get as distracted by notifications and new Tweets.

No matter what, this article was awesome and really made me see that Twitter is going to only get bigger and better!

No comments: